Health Blogs

5 must know diet tips for weight loss

 fgh

 

Some of the top nutritionists at JustDoc have identified 5 tips that are essential for losing weight in a controlled manner. Please go through the tips and comment if you have any questions.

  1. Not Paying Attention to Stress

In the hurry to lose weight, we often get stressed. Stress hormones like cortisol are directly linked with fat production & retention. There are many ways to minimize stress, control cortisol and other related stress hormones that can in turn help in maintaining healthy weight. Breathing is great way to check stress. Deep breaths take you out of your immediate problems that cause momentary stress, they provide oxygen directly to your brain and tissues, and they actually  to reduce stress hormones.

  1. Controlling Hunger To Lose Weight

Ghrelin is a hormone that is released by our body. It controls our hunger and drives our appetite. And once this hormone is secreted, we are can’t do anything to avoid eating. Best way to control the release of Ghrelin is to eat small, balanced meals in about every 3 hours (more than 3 hours of fasting increases the ghrelin levels in body) So not eating or skipping meals is the worst thing that you can do for your diet. Try eating small meals in regular intervals.

  1. Healthy Eating is not exactly Weight Loss

Just because the food you are eating is healthy, it doesn’t mean that you can gulp a lot of it. Always keep in mind, the diet is all about proportions No matter how heart healthy, low-fat, gluten-free, low-carb, organic that food may be.

  1. Exercising to Lose Weight

Exercise can actually make it hard to lose weight. When exercise is extreme and you’re on diet, it might shut down your metabolism. People have perception that, “I just ran, I deserve the pudding.” You migh have burnt 350 calories, but then ate 500 calories, adding an an extra 150 calories in the day. Specially for females, ghrelin hormone is increased while losing weight, so if the exercising, it will be impossible to control hunger and appetite. We recommend for weight loss – 80% of dieting time & 20% on exercise.

  1. Stop Eating After 7 P.M.

The problem of eating in evening is about the quantity & quality of the food eaten — not the hour at which it is eaten. A lot of times Hectic schedules, stress and a lack of planning all contribute to not eating during the day and dinner becomes the most important meal. It is then easy to overconsume. Always remember the 70% rule, that means you must consume 70 percent of your calories before dinner time, leaving 30 percent of your calories for your evening meal. Allow 1 hour 30 minutes to digest it before sleeping.